Pages

Sunday, June 6, 2010

June's Fall Leaves

So, after being halted on the Clapotis which I think were a couple of non-planned edging drop stitches, and then deciding to rip out 1 week worth of work, I have now done the obvious and only thing there is to do: start a new project. Inspired by 2 bags of the most beautiful yarn (and expensive) I have ever purchased, I decided to knit another fun project: The Travelling Woman Shawl posted for free on Ravelry. I couldn't wait to buy more Gourmet Crafter Sock, and so I have chosen the Fall Leaves colourway from Alexa's collection. It's hard to think of fall with summer knocking on the door (God, as if it's already June!), but this yarn has inspired me. More reds, with a splash of purple, just like the maple leaves carpeting the sidewalk in late September:



Loving the yarn. And the pattern is easy too - I suggest a stitch counter dealio for the repeat rows. I really really wish I could just knit all day. No work, no chores. Alas, it is Sunday. My goal: to finish the 8 more rows before the lace by Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...