Pages

Sunday, November 14, 2010

Project in a Day


I have finished this soft, squishy Star-Crossed Slouchy Beret, all in one day. Knit up in Rowan's Cocoon yarn, in Lavender Ice, this is a nice beret for a gift. (I myself am not a beret fan). And Kim, you're right - you really need a mirror to help position this one - a little too Rasta otherwise.


After complaints from other Raveler's, I used 1 size smaller set of needles for the pair. This way, I was able to do this beret in one skein, down to the 6" - yes!! I was getting worried though.



The size is a touch small for me, although I believe my subjects head is smaller than mine (lucky woman), so this should work. I am not blocking this yet as I don't want it to stretch too much, based on others' comments. We will see how it fits.


Yay for 1 Christmas gift done!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...