Pages

Monday, August 29, 2011

Tofino Fern Daybreak

Finally, a finished object! With a serious case of startitis, I have several projects at various stages. I technically cast on for this 5 months ago, but was distracted by other new and shiny projects.

This shawl is 6 of 11 that I need to knit this year, and the details are:

Pattern: Daybreak by Stephen West
Size: Medium (although I'd hate to see what small looked like, as this barely fits around the shoulders)

Finished Measurements: 38" between wing tips, x 17.5" tall

Yarn A: The gorgeous and colourful springy Gourmet Sock from Gourmet Crafter Alexa Ludeman, in colourway Tofino Fern. Loved this yarn - so glad I could find a great project to use it on (as I'm not currently knitting socks). You can purchase her yarn colourways on Etsy or at Urban Yarns. I can't wait to try her new colours!

Yarn B: The always great Tosh Sock by Madelinetosh, in Cloak - a deep charcoal gray - almost black.

You can check out my project page on Ravelry. Also - check out my favorites done by other people of this shawl, some just gorgeous versions.

Back to working on my Vine Yolk Cardigan and Stephen West's Mystery Shawl KAL.

Cool things on the blogs this week:

1) Urban Yarns - I just want to have these Bella blue chunky Mittens NOW, and not have to knit them, although I'm sure it's enjoyable.

2) Gorgeous green over at Plucky Knitter

3) Very cool quilt on Tanis Fibre's blog.

4) Fuschia wedding details on SweetGeorgia.

5) Don't you just want to knit gorgeous Tanis Fibre after seeing these photos on Cosmic Pluto?

6) Check out Trouble. Bad Trouble.

1 comment:

  1. Gorgeous Daybreak! I'm dying to knit one myself, but just have way too many other projects ahead of that one! I also love that variegated yarn you chose. I've been hearing a lot about Gourmet Crafter lately, I think I need to get my hands on some!

    I can't wait to see your Mystery Shawl when it's finished. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...