Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2011

Vine Yoke Blocking

Good Sunday morning to you! After some stressful swatching at 11 pm last night for some Christmas presents, I made the conscious decision to put down the needles, and go to bed. I promised myself to get up and finish something - I was determined to block out my Vine Yoke Cardigan.

Soaked, blocking mats, measurements and pins.

So, I did:



8-8:30 am - last 3 rows and cast off of the final button band.



8:30 - 8:50 - she's having a bath

8:50-9:20 - she is on the mats

I am very worried about the width of the sweater, the end length, and if the yoke pattern will be laying flat.

And I was right to worry - it is now huge! Crap. So, I'm just going to hope it dries perfectly, shrinks a little, and if not, maybe try throwing it in the dryer.

Or cry and let it hang in my closet as a sign of my knitting unworthiness.

Stress....


I am very excited about the buttons though, from ButtonButton:



I'll be knitting this morning with the girls, and I'm going to keep churning out lace repeats for my Orchid Multnomah:


Also, I'm going to prioritize my knitting projects today so I can just focus and do.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...