Pages

Saturday, October 22, 2011

Baby Sorels!



Last weekend I got to see my favorite baby, Evan - now 3.5 months old! So I decided to knit him some booties that morning - these took me about 3 hours, but this is with distracting tv shows going on at the same time.

The pattern, Lovebug Booties, looked so cute, but they looked like a newborn size, so I upped the yarn to Debbie Bliss Cashmerino Aran, and they are now Baby Sorels, perfect for a Canadian winter.

Size is approx. 3" x 3" - so cute!



The ankle width is about twice as thick as his legs are now, so these might be 1 year old booties, but they are so cute to just look at.

I could have blocked these so the top didn't roll, but I actually like the little roll. And of course, blue and brown are one of my fave colour combos. I have lots of yarn left for each colour.

Check out my Ravelry project page for more details.

I found a new cool blog last night through the Knit Circus magazine: Falling Stitches.

She is a knitter and designer, and I really like her following patterns (her photos):

Emilien


Cybelle


My current works in progress to finish up this week (hopefully!):

1) My Vine Yoke Cardigan - 2 more rows of button band, blocking, and finishing
2) The Orchid Multnomah for a family friend - I would never pick this bright of a pink, so it's actually fun to knit with.

This weekend I'm going to figure out my Christmas knits - fun!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...