Pages

Thursday, March 18, 2010

New and Old

So, after seeing Mom last weekend, I have had an increased guilt level that I have not yet finished her Fiddlehead mittens. The blocking did not work out as well as I had hoped to increase their size, so I got down to it and tried it again.

No luck. One mitten I had just was a tighter knit, and therefore didn't have the give I needed to match the other. Last time I'm doing that size of needle for anyone over 12! But I think they might be ok.

Finished the first mitten liner (using Blue Sky Alpacas Brushed Suri in Whipped Cream) in 2 days, then was inspired to finish the other liner last night. Got to the finishing of the thumb, which I think I can "whip" up in 15 minutes - VOILA! A package that can go out the door....now that it's warm out. Fantastic.

Now onto Heather's Christmas Fiddlehead mittens...then Mrs. Lidster's...now that it's spring.

Out with the old, in with the new:

I decided to stop the Debbie Bliss Cashermino Baby Matinee Jacket - although very cute, just too much of stockingette - too small. So I'm using the same wool (Debbie Bliss Cashermino in Lilac) and I dove into the Cabled Coat with Hood by Debbie Bliss - very cute:

And surprise surprise - cables are EASY!!! If you can do DPN, you can cable. I love Youtube!

The pattern will take some concentration, but it's only 4 rows repeated - If I've done it 100 times, I think I might be able to fly!

So someone better have a girl! No boys allowed!

Working on my Elefante, I went to Zellers for stuffing. Was there any? No. What there was PLENTY of were $5.00 king size pillows. Perfect. Can't get cheaper than that.  I really hate Zellers though - I always choose the wrong line!

I want to have a hippo equivalent of the Elefante so I can make it for the sista.


Books-wise, I started to read The Things I've Been Silent About. NOT IMPRESSED. I am quitting it, life is too short to ready something that is not grabbing me right away.

Next, who knows? I will be knitting though.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...